Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review || Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara

If you've read the post I did a couple of days ago, you'll know I partook in a spot of makeup shopping recently. One of the products I picked up and have been trying out since, is Max Factor's Clump Defy Mascara. I bought it in the shade 'Black Brown' because 'Black' was out of stock - I have quite dark eyelashes anyway so I'm not sure it really makes much difference. I was in the market for a new mascara and this one had been talked about a fair bit online, so thought it would be worth a go.









Before

After

I have to admit the shape of the brush threw me a bit at first (and I'm still not entirely sure which is the 'right' way to use it - any ideas?), but I've tried both the curved and flatter sides and they seem to give pretty much the same result. In terms of 'defying' clumps, I think this mascara does indeed do just that. It's not the most volumising or lengthening mascara I've ever tried, but I do like the defined and fairly natural look it gives. I think it's also really good in terms of its longevity - it did hold a curl for a long time and didn't smudge on me at all.

I do wonder if the clumps will be kept at bay over the next month or so as the product starts to dry up a little. I guess only time will tell...

Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment