Thursday 11 April 2013

Review || L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil

http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Elvive-Extraordinary-Oil-UV-Filter-for-All-Hair-Types-100ml_1262085/

I've been giving this hair oil from L'Oreal a try for a while now (as you can tell by the half-empty bottle), so thought I'd do a quick review on it for you.

L'Oreal describes this as a '5-in-1 miracle hair perfector', with the power to give hair shine, nourishment, softness, smoothness and a look of perfection. All you have to do is pump a couple of drops onto your hand, rub your palms together and run your hands through your hair - you can do this either before washing, on damp hair immediately after washing, or on dry hair. 

Firstly, I think the smell of this is absolutely divine. It's perhaps not to everyone's tastes, but I love it - my only complaint is that it doesn't hang around on my hair very long!

So far I've only tried using it before washing and on damp hair, because I'm too scared it'll result in a completely greasy mess if I apply it directly to dry hair. I do one or the other every time I wash my hair, and in both cases it works like a dream! It leaves my locks feeling really soft and gives a beautiful shine. I have thick hair and don't feel like it weighs it down at all - though this might be different for people with finer hair types. 

Before using this the only other oil I'd tried is the Vo5 Miracle Concentrate Elixir, which I also thought worked really well. In terms of the product itself, I'm not sure if I prefer one over the other - but the Vo5 one is certainly more travel-friendly in its small plastic bottle (I actually kept my last bottle when I finished it and pour my L'Oreal oil in to take away with me!). 

This bottle has lasted me a good 3/4 months already and I still have about 50% left. At the moment I can definitely see myself re-purchasing this when I run out, but I'm sure another dozen amazing-looking hair oils will be competing for my attention by the time that happens!

You can find both the L'Oreal and Vo5 oils at Boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment